NFL Week 16 roundtable: Eagles-Cowboys, Packers-Dolphins, the race for the AFC's front runner

Stories, welche das Leben der versch. Charaktere bei der Stargate Einheit darstellen.

Moderator: Mark A. Kennrick

Earnest2

NFL Week 16 roundtable: Eagles-Cowboys, Packers-Dolphins, the race for the AFC's front runner

Beitragvon Earnest2 » Dienstag 26. September 2023, 09:49

The Thursday night match wasn't much for aesthetics.The Jaguars took it to the Jets at a rain-soaked MetLife Stadium, winning 19-3 in a video game that was pretty close to over at halftime. Trevor Lawrence continued his strong have fun with a 20-for-31 passing performance for 229 backyards and a rushing touchdown, while Travis Etienne included 112 all-purpose lawns as well as the Jacksonville protection practically entirely shut down the New york city offense.AdvertisementZach Wilson, the 2021 No. 2 choice, battled in what could be his last start for the Jets. He finished just 9 of 18 masquerade 92 backyards and an interception prior to providing method to former practice-squad quarterback Chris Streveler, who came on to the pleasure of the soaked J-E-T-S faithful and clearly surpassed his much-heralded predecessor.Can the Jaguars capture the Titans in the AFC South race and also make an area in the postseason? With their playoff really hopes largely gone, what will the Jets' next move be at QB? We'll figure out over the next two weeks.But wait-- there's a lot even more of Week 16 still to find. Who has the side in the race for the front runner in the AFC? Can the Giants or Commanders earn a challenging roadway win and boost their playoff hopes? What should we anticipate as Aaron Rodgers and also Tua Tagovailoa settle off Sunday in Miami? The Athletic's Mike Jones,  Mike Sando and Vic Tafur meal on what they'll be seeing Saturday, Sunday and also Monday.The leading three seeds in the AFC all have what appear to be winnable video games Saturday. The Costs dip into the Bears, the Chiefs host the Seahawks and the Bengals face the Patriots in Foxboro. Which of those teams do you see gaining the leading seed-- and also the necessary bye-- in the AFC? Jones: I'm selecting the Chiefs. They have the much easier road with Seattle (7-7), Denver (4-10) and also Las Vegas (6-8) continuing to be, while Buffalo follows up this game versus Chicago with Cincinnati (the hottest team in the conference today) and also the Patriots, that are truly hard to find out. As well as the Bengals, who route at 10-4, have the Expenses as well as gather a hard local competition against Baltimore.AdvertisementSando: Kansas City arises with the front runner many thanks to a very easy continuing to be routine-- and also since I'm taking Cincinnati in the house over Buffalo in Week 17, which would help the Chiefs.Tafur: The Chiefs own the AFC West as well as have 2 of their last three video games versus the Broncos and also Raiders (plus the wings are diminishing the Seahawks, whom they encounter this weekend break), so I will go with them. The Bills or Bengals will certainly knock one of themselves off following week, and after that both have hard period finales versus department rivals.GO DEEPERNFL Playoff scenarios for Week 16: Who advantages and loses with each result?In the NFC, the Giants as well as Commanders-- both of whom are holding on to wild-card places-- go on the road to deal with the Vikings and also 49ers, respectively. How do you see these games playing out, and who will sign up with Minnesota and also San Francisco in the playoffs when it's all stated as well as done? Jones: I have the Giants losing because they do not have the offending firepower necessary to match the Vikings. And also I maintain going back as well as forth with Washington as well as San Francisco because the Commanders defense constantly provides a chance. This will be a throwback video game including physical defenses and run-heavy techniques on crime. If Washington can restrict the 49ers' run video game, its protection has a great chance of getting after young Brock Purdy as well as interrupting San Francisco. I assume I just talked myself into picking the Commanders. However I don't feel terrific regarding it. Ha-ha! Ultimately, these 2 do have an excellent chance of holding onto these playoff places, repeling Detroit and also providing the NFC East 4 postseason representatives.Sando: I offer the Giants a far better chance than I provide the Commanders because the 49ers are much better than the Vikings, in my sight. I would picture Kyle Shanahan (and also his father, Mike, for that issue) have actually had this video game circled all season based upon their histories with Dan Snyder and the Washington organization. The 49ers have also had added time to prepare, coming off a Thursday night game.Tafur: The Giants' pass rushers are lastly healthy and balanced as well as Saquon Barkley looked like a new male recently, so they have a great chance at ripping off Minnesota. The only point is that the Vikings might be so overrated that they are underrated. The Leaders, I think, are simply attempting to remain close against the 49ers (wink to the point-spread inclined) and also at some point, all the interceptions that Taylor Heinicke has been narrowly staying clear of will certainly come residence to roost.GO DEEPERWhy the Commanders will make the playoffs this period, and also why they will certainly n'tIn Saturday's late-afternoon home window, the Eagles head to Dallas for a matchup with the Cowboys. Both teams have actually currently clinched playoff berths. That are you choosing in this NFC East competition video game? Jones: The Eagles will be without Jalen Hurts (shoulder)-- they're clever not to play him as well as run the risk of further harming that shoulder with the playoffs impending. I still think Philly can draw off the success, nevertheless. Gardner Minshew will certainly play well. The Eagles will lean greatly on running back Miles Sanders, their vibrant pass receiver tandem as well as their defense, and also will certainly run away Dallas victorious.AdvertisementSando: I'll favor Dallas due to the Jalen Hurts element, but it's still a game the Cowboys can lose. Yet they frequent a circumstance that is the opposite of the previous meeting between these teams, when Philly had Hurts as well as Dallas was beginning backup QB Cooper Rush.Tafur: Minshew steps in for an injured Harms, as well as all the Hurts non-believers would certainly love to see him succeed and also prove their stupid "it's the system" takes. And also I assume he will certainly make some plays scrambling to stay clear of the Cowboys' pressure and keep it close. However I believe the Cowboys will certainly dominate many thanks to their running backs and also defense-- and reveal once more why every person was so high on them a month ago.GO DEEPERGauging the panic degree, Eagles see, essential players down the stretch: Cowboys roundtable Quarterback Gardner Minshew will certainly get his first beginning of the period this weekend for the Eagles against the Cowboys. (Mark J. Rebilas/ United States Today) The early matchup Sunday matches the Packers against the Dolphins, with both groups truly needing a win to keep their playoff really hopes to life. Which quarterback do you rely on even more to lead his group to success: Aaron Rodgers or Tua Tagovailoa?Jones: I rely on the defense of the Dolphins more than that of the Packers, so I'm rolling with Miami. I likewise rely on the creativity of Mike McDaniel even more than that of Matt LaFleur. Both are great, yet McDaniel has the side. These head instructors have wonderful familiarity with one an additional having actually coached with each other under Mike and Kyle Shanahan. So that includes in the intrigue. However I really feel like Tagovailoa will certainly be better supported than Rodgers today. Fins up.Sando: I trust Rodgers even more than I trust Tagovailoa due to the fact that Rodgers is far better. He can handle so much extra on his plate. It's not close. Yet I trust what's around Tagovailoa a lot more than I trust what's around Rodgers, which is why the Dolphins need to like their chances. If Rodgers had Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle on his side, I would certainly take Eco-friendly Bay to win every time.Tafur: Neither. Rodgers is playing much better because of the appearance of some receivers, however I don't think gain the Bears' woeful defense as well as the depleted Rams prove as well a lot. Tua has mistaken a few times this year, however he has better playmakers around him and also the Dolphins will eke out a gain the Packers.GO DEEPERAs AJ Dillon gets rid of concussion procedure, Packers RBs all set for heavy workload in MiamiWhat is the most intriguing story of Week 16 that we have not yet reviewed? What are you personally most excited to see?Jones: The state of the 6-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers stays a fascinating story for me. They have currently shed two straight as well as three of their last four as well as desperately need a win at Arizona to ward off the Panthers, Saints and also Falcons, all of whom are 5-9. Sando: The Franco Harris situation in Pittsburgh is a lot even more than a fascinating storyline. I'm still in shock over the timing of Harris' death, right before he was to be honored for his function in the Spotless Reception. Harris constantly revealed such great humbleness when it come to his accomplishments. He just appeared so admirable. I'll be enjoying to see just how the Steelers honor him under what are now challenging circumstances.GO DEEPER' Still in disbelief': Fans recognize Franco Harris with Horrible Towels, gold flowersTafur: Can Derrick Henry compete 200 backyards once again versus the Texans? That he has already done it 4 times against them (six overall) is a fantastic accomplishment. He will be offered added interest again with the injury to Tannehill, yet will it matter? The Titans have actually blundered the last 4 video games, but they are still to life in the playoff quest and also have just the male to put them on his back once more.( Illustration: Sean Reilly/ The Athletic; photos: Timothy T Ludwig, Justin Edmonds, Cooper Neill / Getty Images). Drew Gagnon Jersey

https://www.shopnewyorkmets.com/Pete-Alonso-Jersey

Zurück zu „Leben im SGC“